Inadvertently an ode to Big Head Todd and the Monsters.
Rob started playing his guitar just as I was mixing this little delight up.
I had made a sour cherry Shrub with my Morel cherries. I had to beat the Blackbirds to them. The sneaky little beggars. I love their song, not so much their foraging in my garden. Particularly my cherries and berries.
So I used
- 120ml of the waste left from my shrub.
- Mixed with 90ml (accounting for loss in the mix) of Rittenhouse Rye.
- I soaked this together a couple of hours. Then strained it.
- I then added 2 good dashes of my home made Cherry Bitters.
- And the juice of a small lemon.
I shook this, after I strained off the rye, with ice.
Strained and added more fresh ice.
This little beauty looks surprisingly sweet.
More sweet than bitter, bitter than sweet
So this is called