From Minimalist Tiki Recipe by Brian Maxwell
It felt kinda like a levee broke as well. Rob has been away for the last 5 1/2 weeks (he’s back now), so my cocktail making had gone on hold a bit. And also, things are starting to open up here again in downtown Amsterdam. The lockdown is over, and so drinks in the terraces are in full swing. Why, tomorrow, you can even sit inside- well, if you dare!
- 1oz lemon juice
- 1oz orange juice 0.75oz Falernum- I used Taylor’s as that’s what I have.
- 0.5oz Fernet Branca, to float
- 0.5oz unaged Jamaican rum- I used Smith & Cross
- 1.5oz moderately aged rum- Barbancourt- I had that 😉
- 1.5oz unaged molasses based rum-here I used RummieClub
Build all ingredients except Fernet Branca in shaker. Shake or flash blend with crushed ice, pour into a hurricane glass. Float with Fernet Branca. Garnish Mint sprigs, an orange slice, a cherry, and an out-turned paper umbrella.
RummieClub is a Dutch rum, distilled here in Amsterdam by Judith de Bie @RummieClub.